Protect your reputation and avoid regulatory intervention.
In this essential privacy course you will uncover a commercial approach to compliance for the data-driven marketing and advertising industry.
This course is designed to help marketers and advertisers adopt best practices in regulatory compliance. Learn not just to protect your reputation but to enhance it by moving beyond compliance and incorporating consumer preferences and expectations into your marketing and advertising practices.
All topics are viewed from a marketer’s viewpoint, looking at the regulatory world through a commercial lens so that obligations are easy to understand and follow. Beginning with content development, intellectual property and competitions.
In addition to this ADMA's privacy training courses, there is a wealth of information on our site that will keep you up to date on the latest privacy and marketing compliance regulations.
- Identify regulatory obligations relevant to data-driven marketing
- Apply a commercial approach to those compliance obligations
- Understand the implications of the 2014 amendments to the Privacy Act
- Protect and enhance your reputation by going beyond compliance
- Explore data collection, use, storage and maintenance, as well as the rules specific to some of the communications channels.
Through in class discussions, presentations & theoretical exercises, we’ll cover:
- Misleading advertising, comparative advertising and substantiation
- Pricing do’s and don’ts, plus consumer rights within guarantees
- Various state and territory rules about running competitions
- Intellectual property – including copyright and trade marks
- Impact of changes to the Privacy Act - discover the new Australian
- Privacy Principles
- Data collection, management and use
Alternatively, you can cover this content online and broken down into the following modules:
- Module 1: Marketing & Advertising Content
- Module 2: Competition & Prize Giveaways
- Module 3: Intellectual Property: copyright & trademarks
- Module 4: Privacy
Who should do this course?
This course is relevant for marketing professionals at all levels including content/digital/community and social managers. Agency teams who plan and manage campaigns will also benefit.