How to navigate the legal pitfalls of data-driven marketing.
Preserve your brand’s reputation by learning how to manage your marketing within the boundaries of privacy and content laws.
This privacy training course will help you to view the tricky details of compliance through a straightforward commercial lens. Legal-speak is out, marketing context is in!
The balance of topics is 75% data privacy laws and 25% marketing content laws. The content portion covers the legal issues of creating and curating content, as well as the basics of promoting your products in a fair and competitive manner.
The data privacy portion deals mainly with the question of consent – how to ensure you obtain it in the first place and what to do if you don’t. It also deals with the sometimes confusing rules governing what you can and can’t do with personally-identifiable data as well as how to approach personal communications.
Duration: 1 day
- Identify the legal and ethical boundaries for advertising content and promotional tactics
- Determine the privacy compliance status of your existing customer data
- How to gather data in a privacy-compliant way
- How to manage personal communications and avoid the Spam trap
- Control the sharing or disclosure of data with internal and external stakeholders
- Assess your quality control and data security measures
- Manage your content development in line with ethics, fair practice guidelines and copyright laws
- Be aware of other laws affecting marketing such as promotions and competitions
In most organisations, there’s an on-going debate about whether you can use the pile of customer data which resides in its various databases. Do you have consent or don’t you?
This course gives you clear and simple guidelines to help you avoid the real danger of breaking the law by using your customer data in the wrong way. It also gives you a set of rules to help you adjust your processes and policies for data collection so that you have the proper consent to cover your marketing activities in future.
Also, since content marketing has become as big a buzzword as data-driven marketing, there’s an increasing need to control the prolific output of content in all its forms. Through this course, you will learn how to manage the risks of non-compliance in advertising, social media, blogs and website content.
Alternatively, you can cover this privacy training content online and broken down into the following modules:
- Module 1: Marketing & Advertising Content
- Module 2: Competition & Prize Giveaways
- Module 3: Intellectual Property: copyright & trade marks
- Module 4: Privacy
Who should do this course?
- Marketing personnel who want to understand the complexities of the legislation delivered in a practical and commercial context.
- Personnel who are responsible for overseeing an organisation’s marketing and data privacy compliance.
- Data management specialists who need to ensure their operational practices are fully compliant with the law.