Navigate Data Privacy Law Like A Pro.
Manage your marketing within the boundaries of privacy and compliance and get up to speed with current data privacy legislation.
Connecting with your customer in the digital age can be tricky. In an online world it’s easier than ever, but just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Don’t risk your brand’s reputation by breaking the law.
With ADMA’s data privacy training, navigate the law like a pro. We’ll help you to view the complex details of compliance through a straightforward commercial lens. Legal-speak is out, marketing context is in!
Although the law can be complex, this course will teach you how to gather and use personal information from your customers and prospects by sticking to some basic principles and simple processes.
Working through scenario-based exercises, you will explore how to obtain consent and use customer data for direct marketing in all its forms, who you can share data with, and how to handle accuracy and security.
Duration: You can complete this privacy and marketing compliance course in one of two ways:
- In-class: Two half days, both 9am - 1pm. Next available sessions run Thursday, 10 June and Thursday, 17 June, 9am- 1pm AEST.
- Online: 8-10 hours of content, available for 6 months.
- Determine the privacy compliance status of your existing customer data, and how you can use it for marketing purposes.
- Obtain permission from your customers for marketing, by entering into a "Data Collection Contract" with them.
- Manage personal communications through various channels and avoid the Spam trap.
- Assess your quality control and data security measures and control the sharing or disclosure of data with internal and external stakeholders.
- Gain a working knowledge of the practical implications of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on Australian organisations.
- Discover the impact of the Notifiable Data Breaches Regulation.
- Understand the complexities of gathering and using digital data for marketing purposes.
- Anticipate proposed changes to the privacy laws to give more control to individuals about how their personal data is used.
What the Privacy & Marketing Compliance Course covers:
- Clear and simple guidelines to help you avoid the real danger of breaking the law by using your customer data in the wrong way
- A set of rules to help you adjust your processes and policies for data collection so that you have the proper consent to cover your marketing activities in future
Virtual in-class course format
Learn from our instructors in a live, virtual classroom where you can interact and work with fellow students.
Alternatively, you can cover the content of this privacy & marketing compliance course online and learn at your own pace.
Who should do this Privacy & Marketing Compliance course?
- Marketing personnel who want to understand the complexities of the legislation delivered in a practical and commercial context
- Personnel who are responsible for overseeing an organisation’s marketing and data privacy compliance
- Data management specialists who need to ensure their operational practices are fully compliant with the law