Learn from the experts all you need to know about digital marketing.
Leverage technology and data to drive results to advance your work and your career.
Discover how you can leverage technology and utilise data to drive results. In this certificate in digital marketing, you’ll explore digital marketing and learn the skills to use it confidently. The course covers the complete marketing mix and what’s relevant for both client-side and agency roles and requirements.
This digital marketing certificate can be completed in one of three ways:
- Online: (self-paced, up to 6 months to complete)
- In-class Intensive: (5 intensive days) - One day per fortnight over 12 weeks
- In-class Evening: 1 evening per week over 12 weeks
Start dates for in-class certificate in digital marketing are listed below. Using the drop-down box, please select the location and date corresponding to the course you want to take.
- Sydney Intensive Certificate (5 days over 9 weeks): Runs twice/year; starts on 01/03/2017 and 19/09/17
- Sydney Evening (12 weeks - evenings): Runs twice/year; course starts on 26/04/2017 and 23/08/2017
- Melbourne Intensive (5 days over 9 weeks): Runs twice/year; starts on 02/03/2017 and on 19/09/2017
- Melbourne Evening (12 weeks - evenings): Runs twice/year; starts on 21/04/2017 and 23/08/2017
- Brisbane Evening: course starts on 7/09/2017
- Perth: Evening: course starts on 7/09/2017
Note: In-class evening certificate runs from 6pm to 9pm and day intensive certificate runs from 9.00am to 5pm. Scroll down to see venue details.
- Understand and utilise digital marketing to help achieve your business objectives
- Integrate digital marketing within your overall business and strategies
- Assess and apply various digital channels to solve a problem
- Obtain the digital marketing qualifications
In-class course covers:
Through discussions, presentations and theoretical exercises in-class, you’ll become proficient in:
Digital Marketing Foundations:
- Consumers - understand your audience, why the marketing landscape changes and how to transform insights from consumer behaviour into favourable returns
- Content - from content strategy to planning, creation and design for the brand, this topic deals with the history, purpose and constraints of the digital channels available
- Data - what is big data and how can we use it? The question will be answered by an examination of metrics, measurement and evaluation
Digital Marketing Channels:
- Website - learn to design for usability, function and effectiveness
- Mobile and Email - aspects include email strategy, designing for response, data management and The Spam Act for mobile sites and apps
- Social Media Marketing - looking at social media platforms and how they’re used, we’ll consider the benefits, the community management and the monitoring involved
- Digital Paid Media - explore the paid media landscape including targeting, data, technology, networks and search engines
- Digital Marketing Campaign Planning & Management:
- Project Management - master managing digital projects and creating budgets, dashboards and templates
- Applications - plan your campaigns for awareness, branding, acquisition and retention
- Optimisation & Emerging Trends - discover how to predict and utilise emerging trends, technology, and media
To build on the knowledge that you acquire in this in-class digital marketing certificate , you will also receive access to five (5) modules of your choice. You may wish to work with your instructor as the certificate progresses to determine which course is best for you (note this applies to in-class certificate only).
Online course covers:
Alternatively, you can cover the content of this integrated marketing course online, broken down into the following online courses and modules:
Course 1: Digital Marketing Foundations
- Module 1 - Digital Landscape
- Module 2 - Digital Strategy
- Module 3 - Customer Experience
- Module 4 - Content Creation and Planning
- Module 5 - Data Foundation and Planning
- Module 6 - Data Analytics
Course 2: Digital Marketing Channels
- Module 1 - Websites
- Module 2 - Email
- Module 3 - Complying with the Spam Act and Privacy Act
- Module 4 - Digital Paid Marketing
- Module 5 - Social Media Marketing
- Module 6 - Mobile Marketing
Course 3: Digital Marketing Campaign Planning and Management:
- Module 1 - Finding The Right Digital Partners
- Module 2 - Budgeting
- Module 3 - Campaign Planning
- Module 4 - Optimisation
Course 4: Privacy & Marketing Compliance:
- Module 1 - Marketing & Advertising Content
- Module 2 - Competitions & Prize Giveaways
- Module 3 - Intellectual Property: Copyright & Trade Marks
- Module 4 - Privacy
Assessment for the online certificate includes:
1. In-module questions and activities
2. Final online exam
Who should do this course?
Brand Side Marketers
- Content / Digital / Community/ Social/ Marketing Managers: who plan and manage content and use social media channels for distribution as part of a campaign or wider communications strategy.
- Digital Producers / Digital Specialists / Content Publishers: that are responsible for the execution or planning of content in social channels.
- Community Managers / Content Managers: content managers, editors, curators or moderators.
- Art Directors / Digital Designers: Creatives that need to understand what kind of content will be effective in different channels and help achieve campaign cut through. Those that craft ideas which are social by design and engage with the online consumers.
- Junior to Mid-level Account Service: who help shape and execute multi-channel campaigns.
- Media Planners / Strategists: That want to understand how consumers interact with social platforms and how new technologies shape the user experience online.
Hear what our past students say about this course
Tracey Hamilton, Head of Marketing & eCommerce, MyHouse - "I found the course the most practical I have ever completed. I was able to integrate learnings weekly into the MyHouse business. This ranged from improving UX on website to retargeting and Adwords."