The social media marketing course to take your social media campaigns to the next level.
Become a qualified social media expert with the mix of skills you need to confidently deliver a robust social strategy and measurable ROI.
There is a lot to consider when planning and implementing a brand or organisation's social media activity. It can be a little overwhelming to navigate. However, it doesn’t have to be. In this online course you’ll develop a in-depth understanding of all things social from developing a strategy, setting SMART objectives, understanding the difference between paid, earned and owned, all the way through to optimisations and reporting.
Whether you’re a B2B or B2C marketer, client-side or agency, stay connected with your customers and learn effective social media planning. You can complete ADMA's social media marketing course in one of two ways:
In-class: 1 day, 9am - 5pm. (Sydney time) | Date for Semester 2 TBC
Online: 8-10 hours of content, available for 6 months.
- Understand social media and engagement
- Develop a social media strategy with business-focused objectives
- Understand social media listening
- Understand influencers and how to use them effectively
- Select the most appropriate social platforms
- Deliver, measure and optimise your social media campaigns
What this social media marketing course covers:
Your in-class course covers:
- How to plan social media and use social media marketing tactics to achieve measurable results
- How to use both free and paid tools for monitoring content
- Task scheduling and automation for different social media executions
- How to measure performance and what to do with those results
Your online course covers:
Module 1: An introduction to social media and engagement
- Understand what social media marketing is and how it has developed.
- Understand the impact of social media on engagement for brands.
- Learn the importance of agile planning.
Module 2: Developing a social media strategy
- Understand the importance of a social media strategy.
- Identify the types of social media campaigns.
- Gain an introduction to the 8 steps of social strategy development.
Module 3: Setting objectives and KPIs
- Learn how to set SMART objectives for social media.
- Understand the different types of KPIs and how to use them for your social media activities.
Module 4: Social listening
- Develop social listening to understand customer preferences and competitor actions.
- Understand how to use the listening framework.
Module 5: Identifying influencers
- Understand who your influencers are.
- Learn how to select influencers.
- Learn how to work with influencers.
Module 6: Selecting a social platform
- Understand the difference between paid, earned, and owned media.
- Identify the hidden costs of social media.
Module 7: Building a content strategy and implementing a plan
- Learn to build a content plan.
- Learn how to meet specific platform requirements.
- Implementing a plan on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Module 8: Optimising your social media campaign
- Understand how to measure and optimise your social media campaigns.
- Understand how to calculate social media ROI.
2 one-hour exams.
Who should do this course:
- Managers who plan and manage content and use social media channels like Facebook and Twitter for distribution as part of a campaign or wider communications strategy
- Digital marketers that are responsible for the execution or planning of content in social channels
- Creatives that need to understand what kind of content will be effective in different channels and help achieve campaign cut through
- Account managers who help shape and execute multi-channel campaigns
- Media Planners that want to understand how consumers interact with social platforms and how new technologies shape the user experience online
Hear what our past students say about this course:
“Tim, our tutor met with me prior to the session to understand our needs. He took the time to understand our business and developed a bespoke course tailored to our requirements. Tim was an excellent tutor with extensive knowledge of the content. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we were unable to conduct the session face to face, instead we used Zoom. The tech set up worked flawlessly all day with Tim running multiple computers so we remained engaged and could always see him and the presentation. He also used break out sessions for activities. I highly recommend engaging ADMA for customised training courses.”
- Sharyn, McPhersons