Ensure customer understanding is at the heart of your marketing
Learn how to create a compelling experience for customers using analytics tools and insights.
Customer insights are a crucial part of any marketing strategy or campaign, and yet most marketing strategies are developed with a focus on the product attributes or benefits that we want to tell the consumer. In this course, you’ll discover the fundamentals of analytics and the different tools that will help you draw insights from data to create a compelling customer experience.
This course shows you how to put the customer at the centre of your marketing, and how to unlock a deeper understanding of the journey they go through to engage with your category, brand and product.
Duration: 1 day; 9am to 5pm; morning/afternoon tea and lunch provided. See venue locations below.
- Identify and understand your key audience segments, and bring them to life through personas
- Crystallize what key customer journeys drive your business, and which audience segments need to complete those journeys
- Develop a detailed customer journey, tapping into your organisational understanding of your customers and existing knowledge.
- Validate your journeys through research and data, and how to fill any gaps in understanding
- Extend your customer journeys, extending them to become experience maps that include channel, content and functionality requirements
- Understand how your experience maps can then feed into channel plans, content plans and CRM strategies that are fundamentally customer centric.
- A process of how to deeply understand your customers and how they interact with your category and product
- A range of templates covering all aspects of the process:
- Templates and framework for customer segmentation and personas
- Template for a customer journey maps and experience maps
- Examples and case studies of customer journey mapping and subsequent business outcomes
- Interactive exercises throughout the day allowing you to develop the framework for your own customer journeys
Who should do this course?
Brand Side Marketers
- Content / Digital / Community/ Social/ Marketing Managers: who plan and manage marketing and digital activities, as part of a campaign or wider communications strategy.
- Digital Producers / Digital Specialists / Content Publishers: that are responsible for the execution or planning of how digital and offline channels are used.
- Account Directors / Strategists / Planners – who are involved in developing customer insights and writing briefs / creating channel plans / developing campaign structures and eco-systems for their clients.
- Media Planners / Strategists: That want to understand how consumers interact with a range of platforms and channels as part of their customer journey to facilitate better media planning.