Do Not Mail Service
Committed to best-practice marketing
ADMA’s Do Not Mail Register is a service to help consumers opt out of unwanted or unsolicited mail. It also reduces costs for marketers and helps easily identify customers who have opted out of receiving mail.
As consumer journeys change and evolve, organisations like ADMA continue to maintain and administer a valuable marketing ecosystem which fosters trust and transparency.
The Do Not Mail Register is a service for consumers who do not want direct mail sent to their address, as well as marketers who want to improve their response rates.
Do Not Mail For Consumers
To reduce the amount of direct mail arriving at your address, please fill out the form below, and wait at least 45 days for it to be processed.
ADMA administers the Do Not Mail Register to facilitate trusted connections between consumers and businesses, but only ADMA members - and a few non-members who agree to participate - are bound by the register.
Putting your name on the Do Not Mail Register won’t stop all advertising and marketing mail arriving at your address, though it will reduce unsolicited mail.
The Do Not Mail Register will not stop or reduce the mail from:
- Companies that are not members of ADMA
- New businesses seeking you out as a new lead
- Businesses that want to market themselves to your business
- Unaddressed mail like brochures, letterbox drops and flyers
As always, there are other steps consumers can take to reduce unsolicited mail:
- Place a sticker on your letterbox - such as No Junk Mail or No Unsolicited Mail - to clearly identify that you do not want unsolicited mail.
- Redirect mail you receive back to the organisation by writing “Return To Sender” and “No Junk Mail” on the envelope and putting it in a mailbox.
- Phoning, writing or emailing the organisation that has sent you the unsolicited mail and asking to be removed from their marketing database.
For consumers who want to avoid phone calls from marketers, register on ACMA’s Do Not Call Register - it’s important to note that charities, political parties, research companies and educational institutions are exempt from the ACMA register, so you may still receive calls. Consumers can use this form to check the registration of their numbers or call 1300 792 958 for more information.
Under Australia’s Spam Act, all electronic mail sent to emails or mobile phones should have a clear unsubscribe link. There are rules outlined in the SPAM Regulations 2021 around the unsubscribe facility.
ADMA works to support trusted connections through direct mail as part of its commitment to support better marketing.
You can apply to register your details on our Do Not Mail Register by filling out the form below: