1. Information gathering
2. Work out content and structure
3. Provide information in layers
A draft version will ensure that all your points are clearly and correctly put across to the reader. To ensure the policy is accessible, easy to navigate and easy to read:
• Use the active tense and simple language, keeping in mind to avoid legal jargon, acronyms and in-house terms
• Use short sentences and break up text into paragraphs
• Use headings to help people find information easily
• Keep in mind how you are going to publish it
• Take into account your main audience in the design and format of the policy
• Avoid unnecessary length by giving careful consideration to what information is and is not needed
• Only include information that is relevant to the way your entity handles personal information.
• Ensure the policy is readable.
As a member of ADMA, your company has access to our Regulatory team for advice and an array of compliance tools and resources online at adma.com.au.