That’s a wrap for ADMA Data Day 2019. What a fantastic day of learning it was across both events held in Sydney on 2nd April and Melbourne 4th April.
After a warm welcome from ADMA's CEO Andrea Martens, the event’s proceedings kicked off with Steve Lesnard, VP Global Brand Marketing & General Manager, Nike who really set the tone for the day, showing us how a big idea can be even bigger when you craft clear consumer journeys by tapping into insights that enable your brand to be distinctive.
Camilla Cooke, CMO, Xinja took us back to 2011 to show us how much the martech landscape has changed over the last seven years and provided us a glimpse of how data is influencing the future of financial services.
At the same time, Jared Geurts, Senior Director – Analytics, Utah Jazz was able to take us behind the scenes of the NBA team to show how they have been able to unlock the power of their customer data and create truly personalised ticket packages and offers to their huge fan base in the US.
After lunch, Alicia Olsen-Keating, Head of Audience Data & Insights, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) unpacked the changes happening in the media industry from a technology standpoint and the impact this has had on media consumption. Alicia provided examples around how AI is driving better audience engagement.
While across in the Customer Experience stream, Susie Sugden, CMO, Temple & Webster looked at segmentation and personalisation in consumer businesses and what digital companies can learn from bricks and mortar retailers.
In our second last presentation of the day, Sebastian Henrici, Head of Partnerships & Solutions, Google Marketing Platform was able to show us how we can re-think data and technology.
And finally Zoher Karu, Head of Data & Analytics, Citi Singapore presented a final and fitting keynote for the afternoon providing tips for our attendees on how to become a data-driven organisation. Zoher shared how to organise for success with a customer-centric approach.
These are just a few of the highlights from a day which showcased 24 of the leading minds in data & analytics, digital and marketing, sharing their own experiences, learnings and the latest data strategies in the industry.
Attendees walked out of the event feeling inspired and challenged to embark on their own data journeys within their own organisations.
A special thank you to our speakers listed below, attendees, sponsors and partners for making this event a true success! We truly value your support in celebrating 15 years of ADMA Data Day.
- Steve Lesnard, Former VP Global Brand Marketing & General Manager, NIKE
- Simone Blakers, Customer Experience Consultant, LiquidCX
- Rebekah Campbell, Co-Founder and CEO, Zambesi.com
- Richard Lord, Chief Information Officer, Asia PacificHSBC
- Annette Slunjski, Managing Director, IAPA
- Camilla Cooke, Co-Founder & CMO, Xinja
- Simon Khalighi, Senior Account Executive, Tealium
- Jared Geurts, Senior Director – Analytics, Utah Jazz
- Matthew Copus, Head of Retail Analytics – Australia, CBRE
- Dean Chadwick, CMO, Virgin Velocity
- Rob Hango-Zada, Co-Founder/Joint CEO, Shippit
- Rolee Satyam, Head of Digital Analytics – WooliesX, Woolworths
- Johnny Hammond, Managing Partner Asia Pacific, Pilot44
- Alicia Olsen-Keating, Head of Audience Data & Insights, ABC
- Susie Sugden, Chief Commercial Officer and CMO, Temple & Webster
- Philip Shelper, CEO, Loyalty and Reward Co
- David Doepel, CEO, Demand Film
- Vladka Kazda, Chief Customer Officer, Carsales
- Phil Wade, CMO, Jetstar
- Emma Roberts, Group Senior Manager – Digital Marketing, Jetstar
- Zoher Karu, Managing Director – Head of Data Analytics - APAC & EMEA, Citi (Singapore)
- Sebastian Henrici, Head of Partnerships & Solutions, Google Marketing Platform
- Lawrence Mitchell, Chief Customer Officer, SumoSalad
For those that could not make it on the day, and for the ADMA community living interstate, ADMA Data Day On-Demand is now available to purchase. Relive and review all your favourite speakers from the day, and catch up on the ones you didn’t get to see.
Or simply get the team together in the office for a day of training and development.