Make digital your first campaign thought, not the last one.
Uncover a framework for successful digital marketing.
This two-day digital marketing course is one of ADMA's most popular. Whether it’s your business, industry, or campaign, digital continues to have a significant impact on the way we operate. During this course, you’ll learn what is a digital strategy and will be provided with a framework for crafting a digital marketing strategy.
To get the most out of this two-day intensive digital marketing course, you should have a good understanding of the basic digital marketing tactics.
In this course you will learn digital marketing strategies and:
- Effectively integrate digital into your marketing strategies
- Implement your strategy by employing the tools for digital marketing in the most relevant way
- Utilise a planning framework for digital strategy development within your organisation
- Identify the difference between acquisition, branding and retention strategies through case study examples
Through presentation, discussion and practical exercises in class, we’ll explore digital marketing strategy at length, covering:
- Understanding the role of digital within the business
- Identifying how your target audience is using digital
- Getting to grips with your digital landscape
- How the various elements of digital are used against strategic objectives
- Developing digital strategies for customer acquisition, retention and branding purposes
- Implementing a digital strategy successfully
Who should do this course?
Brand Side Marketers
- Content / Digital / Community/ Social/ Marketing Managers: who plan and manage content and use social media channels for distribution as part of a campaign or wider communications strategy.
- Digital Producers / Digital Specialists / Content Publishers: that are responsible for the execution or planning of content in social channels.
- Community Managers / Content Managers: content managers, editors, curators or moderators.
- Art Directors / Digital Designers: Creatives that need to understand what kind of content will be effective in different channels and help achieve campaign cut through. Those that craft ideas which are social by design and engage with the online consumers.
- Junior to Mid-level Account Service: who help shape and execute multi-channel campaigns.
- Media Planners / Strategists: That want to understand how consumers interact with social platforms and how new technologies shape the user experience online.