Want to #writestuffonline?
Discover the essential skills and practices for writing effective digital copy with this digital copywriting course.
Whether it’s a quick status update or detailed blogpost, writing on a digital platform is already a part of your day. The structures and styles for online are, however, different - there is no one-size-fits-all approach to the platforms.
For your copy to cut through the current cluttered digital environment, it needs to be engaging. Through tested techniques, you’ll discover the art of writing engaging digital copy for search purposes, emails, websites and social media.
- Write and develop engaging copy
- Apply the rules of copy in a digital space
- Articulate an idea that is both concise and engaging
- Develop landing pages, subject lines, emails and website copy effectively
- Tailor your copy for each digital channel
- Craft rich and entertaining blogs and posts
- Identify the role and implications of mobile
- Website copywriting, social media copywriting, writing for SEO and other digital channels
Digital Copywriting Course Covers:
During this in-class course in digital copywriting, we’ll explore the foundations of good copy and how the rules transform for an online arena, covering:
- The basic but essential approach to copy
- A debate on traditional versus online writing styles
- Web structure and thinking in 3D
- Spelling, proofreading and structuring - especially landing pages
- Email timing and etiquette
- Tips and techniques for email subject lines
- Writing for SEO, social media, mobiles and blogs
Who should do this course?
Brand Side Marketers
- Content / Digital / Community/ Social/ Marketing Managers: who plan and manage content and use social media channels for distribution as part of a campaign or wider communications strategy.
- Digital Producers / Digital Specialists / Content Publishers: that are responsible for the execution or planning of content in social channels.
- Community Managers / Content Managers: content managers, editors, curators or moderators.
- Art Directors / Digital Designers: Creatives that need to understand what kind of content will be effective in different channels and help achieve campaign cut through. Those that craft ideas which are social by design and engage with the online consumers.
- Junior to Mid-level Account Service: who help shape and execute multi-channel campaigns.
- Media Planners / Strategists: That want to understand how consumers interact with social platforms and how new technologies shape the user experience online.