The data-driven marketing course that helps you use data analysis to drive your business forward.
Learn how to test channels for better outcomes. Understand what metrics count when evaluating performance and what you can do to apply what you've learnt to future campaigns.
Become fluent in the language of data and achieve your business goals sooner. In this data-driven marketing course, we’ll show you how to, develop actionable insights, explore data research and understand the importance of customer insight. You and your team will be able to tell stories with data, benchmark insights from analytics and evaluate your results to inform future campaigns and strategies.
Date: 8 June 2021
Duration: 1 day 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. AEDT (NSW time)
- Use data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your marketing programmes
- Understand the metrics to evaluate your marketing performance
- Use data to determine the value of your customers
- Implement a test programme to improve campaign performance
- Leverage your marketing expenditure and improve ROI
Using data to drive the business forward
- Understanding the business you are in and who your customers really are
- How to identify what you need to measure
- Using direct marketing metrics to set realistic objectives, targets and budgets
- Calculating how much you can afford to spend on a new customer
- Understanding how and when to use lifetime value analysis
Understanding the importance of Customer Insight
- Using customer segmentation and predictive models to get better results
- Enhancing your data from third party sources
- How to select the best people to mail: segmentation vs. scoring
- Developing customer personas
- Using data on existing customers to find new ones
The what, when and how of testing
- Understanding the benefits of testing
- What’s worth testing and what’s not
- Constructing a test matrix for direct mail and email
- How to test in other media
- Understanding the ‘response cycle’ and calculating a reliable sample size
- Predicting what’s likely to happen next time
Evaluating your results and applying to future campaigns
- So… which ‘half’ worked? A simple guide to reviewing your test results
- Using statistical techniques to learn more about who responded and who didn’t
- How decision tree models work and how to use them
- Using gains tables and charts to improve your campaign performance next time round
- Planning for future campaigns
Who should do this course?
- This course is designed for all marketers needing to better understand customers and their behaviour to improve their campaign performance and ROI.
Hear what our students say about this course:
“Great learning from data collecting tools to formalize the mess of data we have in the company and to implement it.”
– Nantira, Downies Collectables