Master your content marketing capabilities to drive business growth
Become an expert specialist in content marketing with the skills to confidently develop and manage content marketing campaigns, customer engagement and ROI.
We’re seeing a high rate of adoption in Content Marketing today, together with the rate of change in digital platforms, tools and buyer journeys, the skill of marketing teams hasn’t kept up.
This Content Marketing course gives you a breadth and depth of understanding to ensure marketers are confident in their ability to lead the business along the journey of developing and delivering a robust content marketing program which goes beyond marketing KPIs to deliver broader business results too.
Duration: 8-10 hours of content, available for 6 months.
- Understand the principles behind content marketing
- Understand the elements of a successful content marketing strategy
- Learn about creating personas for content marketing
- Assess what valuable content is and how you can create it
- Identify how to measure the success of your content marketing activities
Content Marketing Essentials covers:
Module 1: An introduction to content marketing
- Understand what content marketing is.
- Learn about the consumer challenge for content marketers.
- Learn about the content creation challenge for content marketers.
Module 2: Developing a content strategy - setting objectives and KPIs
- Understand why you need a content marketing strategy.
- Identify what your content marketing strategy should deliver.
- Understand how to develop a content marketing strategy.
Module 3: Insight - listen, identify, and understand your audience
- Assess how to set SMART objectives and KPIs.
- Understand how to use SMART objectives in content marketing.
Module 4: Storytelling - tell a consistent, emotive and compelling brand story
- Understand the meaning of 'audience' in relation to content marketing.
- Assess the role of personas in content marketing.
- Learn how to create personas.
- Learn about content and the customer journey.
Module 5: Channels - identify the touchpoints most suited to your audience
- Understand how brands create great stories.
- Learn about the content 'sweet spot'.
- Learn about the hero, hub, and hygiene model for the purposes of content creation.
- Assess what is meant by content value exchange.
Module 6: Management - manage the process with clear responsibilities and tools
- Assess the importance of context in channel planning.
- Learn about using the converged media model in channel planning.
- Identify which questions to ask when channel planning.
- Understand how to choose the most effective channels for B2B and B2C content marketing.
- Appreciate the importance of developing and managing a content calendar.
Module 7: Curation - listen, converse and amplify the impact of the content
- Understand how to manage the delivery of your content marketing strategy.
- Understand what the content lifecycle is.
- Appreciate the role of the Content Management System (CMS).
Module 8: Optimisation - continually measure, optimise, learn and enhance
- Understand what content curation is.
- Learn about amplification of content.
- Assess how to measure the success of your content marketing activities.
- Understand the role of testing in content marketing.
2 one-hour exams.
This Content Marketing course is perfect for:
Brand Side Marketers
- Content / Digital / Community/ Social/ Marketing Managers: who plan and manage content and use social media channels for distribution as part of a campaign or wider communications strategy
- Digital Producers / Digital Specialists / Content Publishers: that are responsible for the execution or planning of content in social channels
- Community Managers / Content Managers: content managers, editors, curators or moderators
- Art Directors / Digital Designers: Creatives that need to understand what kind of content will be effective in different channels and help achieve campaign cut through. Those that craft ideas which are social by design and engage with the online consumers.
- Junior to Mid-level Account Service: who help shape and execute multi-channel campaigns
- Media Planners / Strategists: That want to understand how consumers interact with social platforms and how new technologies shape the user experience online