The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the marketing strategy and implementation across ADMA and it’s sister associations including:
- The Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA),
- The Institute for Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA),
- The Digital + Technology Collective(D+TC) and,
- Data Governance Australia (DGA).
The ideal candidate is a good leader and mentor, has a passion for strategy but doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty. He/she will have experience managing small teams and developing them over time.
Experience with digital marketing is a must, and exposure to the events and/or education and/or membership-based industries is ideal. You may be passionate for marketing, data and technology and don’t be afraid of change or learning new things/platforms. You must have an understanding of email marketing strategy and implementation, love data segmentation and optimisation.
If you can manage a campaign from strategy to execution, have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet tight deadlines and are looking to join a fast-paced world of event and education marketing, this position could be for you.
We have an exclusive channel partner relationship with Prime Practice, and maintaining this relationship is key to success for this position. Provision of consulting support to their existing clients will be required, so building relationships and integrating with their team is also important.
What is required? An articulate, hands-on, experienced and commercially minded marketing leader.
A seasoned marketer with 10+ years’ experience that enjoys and thrives in fast-paced environments, while has enough life experience to mentor other team members and work hands-on-hand with the leadership team.
A results-driven leader who knows how to lead a team, however, rolls up his/her sleeves to help them out deliver, can write, can build, can edit social media campaigns, can run tests, understands SEM and SEO and analytics.
Key Job outcomes
- Creating the marketing strategies and detailed plans for AADL products and services including membership, events and education
- Managing the implementation of these marketing campaigns across different channels and associations
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Ensure all campaigns are data-driven and content-led across strategy, planning, deployment and amplification
- Plan and ensure execution of all components of product campaigns: web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, display advertising, signage and collateral
- Managing and mentoring a team of four
- Manages external resources for PR and content marketing
- Works with and supports the product and commercial teams
- Ensures all campaigns are delivered on time, on budget and achieve the expected results
- Leads and mentor the team on the implementation of email marketing campaigns
- Helps the implementation and integration of digital platforms and tools
- Manage external agencies and suppliers
- Manages and owns the Marketing P&L
- Understands the value of data and is not afraid of numbers.
- Manages and Maintains the marketing activity calendar
- Understands well digital marketing, including but not limited to email marketing, social media, search, CRM, analytics and other platforms
- Develop and manage lead generation projects and campaigns for the Commercial Team
- Continuously refine comprehensive go-to-market plans
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns/customer journeys, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) and ensure the reports for each campaign are delivered as per the reporting schedule; use a test and learn approach for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners where required
Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications, degree in Marketing or Business
- Minimum 10 years in marketing
- Experience leading an in-house marketing team
- Knowledge of marketing channels and marketing industry best practices – with emphasis on digital channels
- Previous email marketing experience
- Experience with P&L management
- Media buying experience and liaising with media partners and agencies
- Deep understanding of how marketing channels complement each other in order to run effective campaigns
- High analytical ability, a metrics-driven mindset, with the ability to turn empirical data into insightful , strategic decisions and marketing plans
- Integrated marketing communications planning experience
- Must be 'hands on'
Skills (conceptual, interpersonal)
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Team leadership ability
- Hands-on and loves fast-moving organisations
- Experience using email marketing automation platforms (Silverpop, and/or Hubspot a plus)
- Sound co-ordination, administration and organisational skills
- Project Management and attention to detail
- Sound computer skills MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Publisher and basic HTML skills•
- Takes the initiative, is proactive and problem solving
- Results oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Collaborative, team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of urgency
- Creative, resourceful and passionate
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org