Social Media Marketing Essentials3
This course for anyone that needs to quickly get up-to-speed on the foundations of social media marketing. You’ll get a solid overview of the major social networks and understand how to effectively deliver a social media campaign through planning, execution and optimisation.
|Date||Sydney 06 November 2015 Online On demand|
|Type||Short Course Online In Class|
|Cost||Type ADMA members Non-members Social Media Marketing Essentials $665 $898|
About the course
This course is perfect for marketers wanting to get up to speed with the latest trends, best practices and technologies for effective social media marketing. The course provides a solid foundation for marketers who are new to social media or those wanting to broaden their understanding.
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for planning and implementing their brand or organisation’s social media activity, including:
- Marketing/Account executives
- Digital Marketers
- Marketing/Account Managers
- Business Owners
- Ideal for both B2B and B2C marketers
- Client or agency side
- Overview of the latest trends and updates on the major social channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Blogs, Pinterest, Discussion Forums, Tumblr and Google+
- Best practice social media research and planning: how to find mentions of your brand and leverage social media analytics
- Structuring your content and activities: how to structure social campaigns and everyday content
- Social media channel selection: what social channels should you be using and why?
- How to get engagement: what type of content should you be publishing and how often?
- Measurement and optimisation: how to continually assess and refine your social content and activity
- Social advertising: how to plan, target and execute your ad spend on Facebook
- Social workflow: overview of useful tools and resources to assist in drafting, collaborating and automating administrative tasks
Not the right course for you? Try these Short Courses:
The course content will combine presentations, discussion and practical exercises on the following topics:
Part 1 - Social Media Round Up Phase:
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Forums and Blogs
- What do people share on these platforms
- What are the usage patterns and trends
- How are marketers using them?
Part 2 - Social Media Planning Phase
- Monitoring social media - Where are the conversations? Who are the influencers? What are they talking about?Using SM monitoring to gauge share of voice, sentiment, market insights and competitive reviews
- Using insights to plan content and distribution
Part 3 - Execution Phase:
- Using the test and learn approach
- Being human – the key to successful content creation
- How to distribute your content – which networks
- Success with blogs
Part 4 - Management Phase:
- Tools for monitoring – free and paid
- Task scheduling and automation
- Measuring performance
9:00am - 5:00pm
Date: 18 August 2015
Venue: Karstens: Level 1, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney
Date: 26 August 2015
Venue: Karstens: 123 Queen Street, Melbourne
Date: 15 September 2015
Venue: Saxons: Level 1, 140 St Georges Terrace, Perth
Date: 6 November 2015
Venue: Karstens: Level 1, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney
Date: start anytime
The Brand Agency
Alison’s been working in the advertising industry for over 10 years, with her career spanning Melbourne, Sydney, NZ and now Perth. Currently the Planning Director at The Brand Agency, Alison has worked at iconic Australian agencies such as George Patterson Y&R, Foote Cone and Belding, and Clemmenger Harvie. During this time she has held a range of roles, from Group Account Director through to Head of Digital and Direct. Alison has an integrated background, but specialises in digital and direct marketing. Her past clients include NAB, Motorola, FIFA, Honda, Village Roadshow, Kraft, Greenpeace and The Salvation Army. Her current role sees her working across all of the Brand Agencies clients, including Water Corporation, Synergy, Curtin University, Police and Nurses Credit Society, and Landcorp.
Alison holds a Masters in Communication, and has considerable teaching experience, having lectured at RMIT and the Australian Institute of Management in subjects such as Advertising Management, Advertising Campaigns, Strategy and Planning, Digital Strategy, Online and Digital Basics. She also has taught the Exploring Digital course for Adschool in Perth.
Jane Woodley is the Director of JaneWrites Digital, a leading Brisbane digital copywriting and marketing consultancy, which consults to large and small clients in the travel, insurance, retailing, government, financial and business services sectors. Previously she was the Website Specialist in the eCommerce team at Virgin Blue, responsible for the day to day running of and improvements to all the websites of the Virgin Blue Airlines group. Jane has a thorough understanding of online business, encompassing areas of specialty from online consumer behaviour, writing for the web and usability to SEO and accessibility. She is also a 4-year qualified teacher, with 6 years teaching and curriculum writing experience.
Co-Founder at Social Status
Tim is a digital strategy and social media marketing professional with over five years of agency experience. During this time he worked for internationally acclaimed digital agencies Hoodlum and Reading Room and more recently with one of Australia's leading full service advertising agencies, BMF. Tim has worked for a diverse range of clients from Federal & State Government Departments to Non-Profit Organisations to FMCG, Retail, Finance, Food & Beverage, Real Estate and Entertainment brands. Tim is the co-founder of Social Status, a social media analytics application designed to help marketers optimise their content strategy for social to increase their reach and engagement.
Companies that train with ADMA
- Raw Ideas
- Flying Lemur Marketing
- Welcom Group
- David Jones
- ANZ Banking Group
- Fairfax Media
- Flight Centre
- Melbourne Storm RLC
- Channel Seven
- Australia Post
- Cancer Council