Digital Copywriting Essentials3
Digital copy is part of the mainstream but traditional copy structures and approaches simply do not work for new mediums. Learn how to write copy for web, search, social media and how to get emails opened and read.
BRISBANE ON SALE!
Enrol in the Brisbane session of this course and receive 50% off the course fee.
Please use Discount Code BRISBANE50 when you enrol online.
|Date||Brisbane 11 November 2014 Perth 25 November 2014|
|Type||Short Course In Class|
|Cost||Type ADMA members Non-members Digital Copywriting $665 $898|
About the course
Writing copy for online. Writing copy for search. How to get emails opened and read. How to approach social media. Packed with practical exercises, you’ll walk away understanding how to address the challenges of the digital environment.
Who should attend?
- Traditional marketers expanding into the digital environment
- Mainstream copywriters moving into the digital world
- Those briefing or reviewing copy for digital mediums
- Marketers wanting a better understanding of digital mediums
- Those working in digital agencies who want to expand their skill set
- Marketers who have attended Copywriting Essentials and want more advanced digital copy skills.
- The foundations for good copy
- How those rules change in the digital space
- Effective website copy: structure and rules
- How to structure and write landing pages
- Tips for successful emails
- The secrets to an effective banner ad
- Writing for search
- ‘Shiny New Thing Syndrome’: social media
- Which social media channel to use and why
- Writing blogs
- The role and implications of mobile.
Not the right course for you? Try these Short Courses:
This thoroughly practical digital copywriting course will teach you:
- The basic copy approach
- The Socratic vs. Inverted Pyramid styles of writing
- The active vs passive choice of the Web
- Web structure: thinking in 3D
- Spelling and proofreading
- The role and structure of landing pages
- Email timing and ‘From’
- Tips and techniques for email subject lines
- Writing for SEO
- Social Media: tips and pitfalls
- Mobile and blogs
- Resources for further learning
9:00am - 5:30pm
Date: 23 September 2014
Venue: Karstens: Level 1, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney
Date: 22 October 2014
Venue: Karstens: 123 Queen St, Melbourne
Date: 11 November 2014
Venue: Karstens: 24/2015 Adelaide Street, Brisbane
Date: 25 November 2014
Venue: Saxons: Level 1, 140 St Georges Terrace, Perth
Copywriter & Creative Director
Jon has been a copywriter for 25 years, and has run workshops for the last 15 of those.He is passionate both about the craft of copy, and with sharing tips and techniques. A member of the US Echo Academy, Jon has won many awards as well as judged many award shows. He is a freelancer, having worked for himself for 16 out of the last 19 years, bringing a remarkably wide range of practical experience to the course. He began writing for online in 1997, and continues to embrace new channels as and when they arrive.
Companies that train with ADMA
- Raw Ideas
- Flying Lemour Marketing
- Welcom Group
- David Jones
- ANZ Banking Group
- Fairfax Media
- Flight Centre
- Melbourne Storm RLC
- Channel Seven
- Australia Post
- Cancer Council