Digital Marketing Certificate10
Digital is mainstream and ever-changing. The best way to keep pace with the latest tools and tactics to use it effectively, and be awarded an industry-recognised qualification is to study the 10 module Digital Marketing Certificate.
|Date||Online Self-Paced In Class - 2015 sessions TBC|
|Type||Certificate In Class Industry Recognised|
|Cost||Type ADMA members Non-members In-class and Online Instructor-moderated Early Bird $3140 $4345 Online Instructor-moderated $3,440 $4,645 In-class Instructor-moderated $3,440 $4,645 Online Self-paced $2,660 $3,800|
This course provides a complete overview of all aspects of digital marketing and how to integrate and use them to achieve business objectives. It is designed to cover the complete marketing mix and be relevant across multiple roles and disciplines, whether client side or agency.
Who should attend?
- Marketers who have some experience in digital but want to grow their confidence
- Those who may have only one perspective of digital, or be a specialist in one area of digital, and want to broaden their skill base
- Those marketing and advertising professionals who are new to digital and keen to learn how to leverage digital across a broad spectrum of channels
- Those who are interested in seeing how digital is approached from both a client and agency perspective.
- Understand the scope of digital marketing and how it integrates with overall business and marketing strategy
- How to assess various digital channels and understand which are most suitable to an idea or solution
- Understand the fundamentals of a digital marketing campaign, and be able to apply it to achieve your business objectives.
1. Fundamentals – Understanding consumers
- How the online marketing landscape is changing
- Understanding consumer behaviour and translating that into good customer experience
2. Fundamentals – Content
- Content strategy, planning, creation and designing for the brand
- Channel constraints and video content
3. Fundamentals – Data
- What is big data and how can we use it?
- Metrics, measurement and evaluation
4. Tools – Owned media: Website
- Website development and responsive design
- Designing for usability, function and effectiveness
5. Tools – Owned media: Mobile and email
- Mobile sites and apps
- Email strategy, designing for response, data management and The Spam Act
6. Tools – Owned and earned: Social
- Social platforms and an overview of how they are used
- Social as an earned medium
- Social media monitoring and community management
7. Tools – Paid media
- The paid media landscape, targeting, data and technology
- Networks, affiliates, email lists and digital out-of-home
- Paid search – how it works and search for mobile
8. Applications – Managing digital marketing
- Managing digital projects
- Budgets, dashboards and templates
9. Applications – Campaign planning
- Planning campaigns for awareness/branding, acquisition and retention
10. Applications – Optimisation and emerging trends
- Testing – A/B and multivariate and optimisation
- Emerging media, technology and trends
Your final grade on this marketing certificate course is made up of four elements:
- An individual assignment in which you will be required to critique a campaign of your choice
- A group assignment focussing on a case study (from a choice of five covering different market sectors)
- An exam – two hours, closed book
- Course participation of which there are three components: Class attendance; participation in class exercises and discussions; completion of pre-class preparation and post-class exercises
Evening weekly format consists of 10 weeks of teaching and 2 sessions of assessment.
A daily format is available in Sydney and Melbourne, delivered in 4 full days of teaching plus 1 assessment day.
Start Date: start anytime
In Class - 2015 sessions TBC
Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney
Dates & Time: 2015 sesison dates coming soon
Our industry benchmark Digital Marketing Certificate is now available online.
The online course covers the same content as our in-class course. Topics are broken down into a series of online modules and in a selection of formats, such as
- Interactive exercises and assessment tasks
- Weekly webinar sessions with instructors
- Access to presentations, reference material and case studies
- Video and audio content including case studies and tutorials
- Online class forums to chat to other students, share links and ask questions
- Guest speakers from industry providing subject matter expertise
How long will it take?
The time commitment for the online Certificate is approximately 3-4 hours per module. There are 10 modules to complete. There will also be assessments which you will need to allocate time for:
- Two written assignments – unlike the in-class version, both of these are completed individually. Time allocation to complete the assignments is approximately 8 hours each
- A study day for your exam
- A final a 2 hour exam at the end of the course.
All of these assessments are completed and submitted remotely, and you’ll receive the same Digital Marketing Certificate as those who complete the in-class version.
Online study options
The Online Digital Marketing Certificate is presented in two formats: Self-Paced and Instructor Moderated.
Self-paced: for the self-motivated
If you need complete flexibility how you study and are good a self-motivator then the self-paced style may suit you better. This is how it works:
- Course material and exercises are hosted online, designed so you can study entirely at your own pace
- The material is presented in a variety of formats to keep you engaged
- Quizzes and assessments will ensure you understand and retain course concepts
- You can complete your assessments when you wish and you’ll still get a mark and invaluable feedback from an instructor
- The total time you have to complete the course is 6 months from the date of enrolment.
Instructor-moderated: for classroom style interaction
If you prefer a more interactive online learning experience, we also offer an instructor-moderated version. The material and delivery are similar to the self paced version with some key differences. You will:
- Start the course with an online group of students on a specific date
- Then progress through the course over 12 weeks with them
- Have weekly online catch ups with your assigned instructor so you can ask questions
- Get involved with forum discussions, networking and learning with your online classmates
- Receive regular feedback on your weekly exercises and forum discussions
- Have the convenience of studying wherever you like
For those who prefer the community and interaction of classroom study with the convenience of online then this option may be for you.
Once you’ve successfully completed the assessments you’ll receive the same Certificate as those who undertake the classroom study.
Fast track your qualifications and enrol today.
Jacki is a commercially astute digital marketing professional with over 14 years experience in strategic planning, marketing, production and management of interactive projects & products.
Jacki has held both agency & client side roles, and her experience covers a diverse range of audiences & industries including automotive, entertainment, media, human resources, gambling, education, healthcare and e-commerce. She has worked with some of Australia’s leading brands and organisations including Toyota, Qantas, Telstra, Channel 7, TAB, Monster, Hoyts Cinemas, ABC Music, UNSW, Roche and Astra Zeneca.
Her breadth of experience covers digital strategies, business planning, product development, project management, team leadership, financial performance and management, providing her with a good understanding of overall business operations. Jacki’s digital expertise goes beyond the internet and she has developed applications for IVR, kiosks, mobile, QR codes, i-ads and interactive projection installations.
Jacki complements her hands-on experience with strong educational credentials having both a Masters in Interactive Multimedia and a Bachelor of Business degree. Outside of her career Jacki is a wife, a mum, a novice jogger and a champion at Final Furlong!
Jane Woodley is the Director of JaneWrites Digital, a leading Brisbane digital copywriting and marketing consultancy, which consults to large and small clients in the travel, insurance, retailing, government, financial and business services sectors. Previously she was the Website Specialist in the eCommerce team at Virgin Blue, responsible for the day to day running of and improvements to all the websites of the Virgin Blue Airlines group. Jane has a thorough understanding of online business, encompassing areas of specialty from online consumer behaviour, writing for the web and usability to SEO and accessibility. She is also a 4-year qualified teacher, with 6 years teaching and curriculum writing experience.
Flying Lemur Marketing
Lorna is the Director of Flying Lemur, a digital marketing and communications agency which consults to large and small clients in the technology, financial and business services sectors. She has over 15 years digital marketing experience, most recently with Microsoft, in Australia and their corporate headquarters in Seattle, USA. Lorna’s hands-on experience spans the full digital marketing mix, including specialties in areas ranging from social media marketing to digital communications, from both the agency and client-side.
Miranda is originally from the UK where she worked as Digital and Multimedia Evangelist for the BBC. After working as a consultant in Digital Strategy and Development, Miranda chose to emigrate to Australia. After a period working for the ABC helping to craft multimedia and digital strategy, Miranda worked for a series of companies in the Digital space. During this period Miranda worked with organisations such as Saatchi and Saatchi, AC Nielson, Johnson and Johnson, the Commonwealth Bank and various Broadcasting Corporations on Digital Marketing and Strategy.
Miranda currently works as a Strategic Planner for Zuni, she is a digital evangelist, passionate about branding and marketing, and keen to transfer and share her knowledge. Miranda has extensive experience within the media, entertainment, retail and training sectors.
The Interactive Group
Russell Easther is the founder and director of The Interactive Group established in 2006. He is an interactive marketing professional with experience from appointments on the world’s leading businesses and brands spanning three continents. His career started in interactive marketing and media back to his university days in the 1990's where he studied a Bachelor of Communications degree with a major in Advertising and minor in interactive multimedia.
Simone started her foray into digital marketing at agency Market United, working with clients like Murdoch University, East Perth Redevelopment Authority (now Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority), Alinta Energy and The Perth Cultural Centre, working on everything from SEM, email marketing, online advertising, website projects and integrated online campaigns. She then spent time consulting for companies on online communications and content creation, social media, digital strategies and managing projects for iPad apps and mobile sites. She is currently a Digital Planner at Hatchd.
Client Relationship Director
Valentina is Client Relationship Director and joint owner of Zuni, a digital strategic agency, helping businesses use digital channels to achieve business outcomes. Zuni’s clients include Fuji Xerox, Roche, AstraZeneca, Unilever, Westfield, NRMA, Pfizer, Tourism Tasmania, Baxter Healthcare and ABC Music.
Val has 6 years of digital marketing experience and 7 years promotional marketing experience, working within Cinema & Outdoor advertising, Legion Interactive (now Be.Interactive) as Media Manager and Profero, a digital specialist agency as General Manager.
In addition to her many roles, Val is an experienced Privacy & Spam Officer, previously holding a position on the ADMA Council, (committee to write the e-marketing Code of Practice and The Premium Rate Services Code of Practice). Val has been an ADMA tutor for more than 5 years.
Companies that train with ADMA
- Raw Ideas
- Flying Lemour Marketing
- Welcom Group
- David Jones
- ANZ Banking Group
- Fairfax Media
- Flight Centre
- Melbourne Storm RLC
- Channel Seven
- Australia Post
- Cancer Council