Digital Marketing Certificate10
Digital is mainstream and ever-changing. The best way to keep pace with the latest tools and tactics to use it effectively, and be awarded an industry-recognised qualification is to study the 10 module Digital Marketing Certificate.
|Date||Sydney Day Intense 04 September 2015 Online Self-Paced|
|Type||Certificate In Class Industry Recognised|
|Cost||Type ADMA members Non-members In-class $3,440 $4,645 Online Self-paced $2,660 $3,800|
This course provides a complete overview of all aspects of digital marketing and how to integrate and use them to achieve business objectives. It is designed to cover the complete marketing mix and be relevant across multiple roles and disciplines, whether client side or agency.
Who should attend?
- Marketers who have some experience in digital but want to grow their confidence
- Those who may have only one perspective of digital, or be a specialist in one area of digital, and want to broaden their skill base
- Those marketing and advertising professionals who are new to digital and keen to learn how to leverage digital across a broad spectrum of channels
- Those who are interested in seeing how digital is approached from both a client and agency perspective.
- Understand the scope of digital marketing and how it integrates with overall business and marketing strategy
- How to assess various digital channels and understand which are most suitable to an idea or solution
- Understand the fundamentals of a digital marketing campaign, and be able to apply it to achieve your business objectives.
1. Fundamentals – Understanding consumers
- How the online marketing landscape is changing
- Understanding consumer behaviour and translating that into good customer experience
2. Fundamentals – Content
- Content strategy, planning, creation and designing for the brand
- Channel constraints and video content
3. Fundamentals – Data
- What is big data and how can we use it?
- Metrics, measurement and evaluation
4. Tools – Owned media: Website
- Website development and responsive design
- Designing for usability, function and effectiveness
5. Tools – Owned media: Mobile and email
- Mobile sites and apps
- Email strategy, designing for response, data management and The Spam Act
6. Tools – Owned and earned: Social
- Social platforms and an overview of how they are used
- Social as an earned medium
- Social media monitoring and community management
7. Tools – Paid media
- The paid media landscape, targeting, data and technology
- Networks, affiliates, email lists and digital out-of-home
- Paid search – how it works and search for mobile
8. Applications – Managing digital marketing
- Managing digital projects
- Budgets, dashboards and templates
9. Applications – Campaign planning
- Planning campaigns for awareness/branding, acquisition and retention
10. Applications – Optimisation and emerging trends
- Testing – A/B and multivariate and optimisation
- Emerging media, technology and trends
Your final grade on this marketing certificate course is made up of four elements:
- An individual assignment in which you will be required to critique a campaign of your choice
- A group assignment focussing on a case study (from a choice of five covering different market sectors)
- An exam – two hours, closed book
- Course participation of which there are three components: Class attendance; participation in class exercises and discussions; completion of pre-class preparation and post-class exercises
Evening weekly format consists of 10 weeks of teaching and 2 sessions of assessment.
A daily format is available in Sydney and Melbourne, delivered in 4 full days of teaching plus 1 assessment day.
Sydney Day Intense
Date: 4 Sept, 18 Sept, 2 Oct, 16 Oct, 30 Oct
Venue: Karstens: Level 1, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney
Time: 9am - 5pm
Start Date: start anytime
The online course covers the same content as our in-class course. Topics are broken down into a series of online modules and in a selection of formats, such as
- Interactive exercises and assessment tasks
- Access to presentations, reference material and case studies
- Video and audio content including case studies and tutorials
- Access to the course instructor via our student forum ADMA Spark
How long will it take?
The time commitment for the online Certificate is approximately 3-4 hours per module. There are 10 modules to complete. There will also be assessments which you will need to allocate time for:
- Two written assignments – unlike the in-class version, both of these are completed individually. Time allocation to complete the assignments is approximately 8 hours each
- A study day for your exam
- A final a 2 hour exam at the end of the course.
All of these assessments are completed and submitted remotely, and you’ll receive the same certificate as those who complete the in-class version.
How does it work?
- Course material and exercises are hosted online, designed so you can study entirely at your own pace
- The material is presented in a variety of formats to keep you engaged
- Quizzes and assessments will ensure you understand and retain course concepts
- You can complete your assessments when you wish and you’ll receive invaluable feedback from an instructor
- As a student you have access to our student forum, ADMA Spark where you can contact your course instructor and other online students
- The total time you have to complete the course is 6 months from the date of enrolment.
With over 13 years of digital experience, Emily has worked in a variety of roles from creative director of an internet hot shop, to co-founder of an internet start-up, to senior digital strategist for two of Australia's biggest ad agencies. Emily has a strong passion for all things digital and focuses on converging marketing goals and customer needs into useful customer experiences.
Emily had the opportunity to create digital strategies for clients such as Nestle, Telstra, Tourism NSW, Coca-Cola, IBM and American Express. Her extensive experience has enabled the development of a highly advanced skill set including integrated digital marketing strategy, social media monitoring, risk management and strategy, customer insights and industry trends.
Courses: Digital Marketing Certificate
Flying Lemur Marketing
Lorna is the Director of Flying Lemur, a digital marketing and communications agency which consults to large and small clients in the technology, financial and business services sectors. She has over 15 years digital marketing experience, most recently with Microsoft, in Australia and their corporate headquarters in Seattle, USA. Lorna’s hands-on experience spans the full digital marketing mix, including specialties in areas ranging from social media marketing to digital communications, from both the agency and client-side.
Mike has been a leading figure in the digital marketing industry both in Australia and overseas for 20 years. He has held senior management roles in a number of digital agencies, the latest as the Managing Director of Profero for 3 years, before starting up his own agency, Zuni in early 2010. He has worked with many major brands, e.g. Apple, HSBC, Suncorp, Volvo, Aventis, Nike, Burger King amongst others. He has been the head tutor for digital marketing for ADMA for 5 years and been on the judging panel for several industry awards.
Wall Art Prints
Paula is a digital marketing veteran, with over 20 years experience working in the industry. An IT graduate with an MBA from AGSM, she spent the early years of her career working for Canon before moving into the direct marketing industry. As the Production Director at Hothouse Interactive for more than a decade, she delivered digital solutions for a large number of clients including Toyota, Optus, News Interactive, MYOB, Westpac and Lexmark. After a year working client-side for Aristocrat Technologies, Paula chose to capitalise on her wealth of experience as a digital strategy consultant, helping a diverse range of SME's thrive in the digital space. More recently, Paula co-founded an eCommerce start-up and is thoroughly enjoying 'putting her money where her mouth is'.
The Interactive Group
Russell Easther is the founder and director of The Interactive Group established in 2006. He is an interactive marketing professional with experience from appointments on the world’s leading businesses and brands spanning three continents. His career started in interactive marketing and media back to his university days in the 1990's where he studied a Bachelor of Communications degree with a major in Advertising and minor in interactive multimedia.
Courses: Digital Marketing Certificate
Client Relationship Director
Valentina is Client Relationship Director and joint owner of Zuni, a digital strategic agency, helping businesses use digital channels to achieve business outcomes. Zuni’s clients include Fuji Xerox, Roche, AstraZeneca, Unilever, Westfield, NRMA, Pfizer, Tourism Tasmania, Baxter Healthcare and ABC Music.
Val has 6 years of digital marketing experience and 7 years promotional marketing experience, working within Cinema & Outdoor advertising, Legion Interactive (now Be.Interactive) as Media Manager and Profero, a digital specialist agency as General Manager.
In addition to her many roles, Val is an experienced Privacy & Spam Officer, previously holding a position on the ADMA Council, (committee to write the e-marketing Code of Practice and The Premium Rate Services Code of Practice). Val has been an ADMA tutor for more than 5 years.
Companies that train with ADMA
- Raw Ideas
- Flying Lemur Marketing
- Welcom Group
- David Jones
- ANZ Banking Group
- Fairfax Media
- Flight Centre
- Melbourne Storm RLC
- Channel Seven
- Australia Post
- Cancer Council